Animal Shelter Donations Wishlist - November 2008

Posted by siyerwin on Monday, November 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM

PAWS recently released a list of six (6) items that are most needed by the animals at the shelter. With Christmas just around the corner, how about squeezing in a couple or so of the following animal shelter essentials into those shopping lists? The cats and dogs of the PAWS shelter have definitely been good all year round (Yes, even the longest-staying shelter cat 1-2-3!) and deserve some goodies from their Santa! :)

Below are the top 6 needs of the PAWS shelter:

1. Dry cat food [Consumption: One 30kg bag lasts the shelter kitties - 5 days]

2. Vibravet paste [Consumption: Currently, five (5) pieces a month. For kittens under treatment]

3. Bleach [Consumption: Biggest bottle of ZONROX lasts 1 week]

4. Canex or any all-wormer [Consumption: Good for forty (40) average (native) sized dogs once every three months]

5. Detergent Powder [Consumption: Ten (10) kilos a month]

6. Old towels and newspapers

Please visit my post about the different ways you can send in your donations for more information.

Thank you very much!

1. 11 comments: Responses to “ Animal Shelter Donations Wishlist - November 2008 ”

2. By Anonymous on Nov 11, 2008, 8:16:00 AM

hi there sherwinn..i always visit your site everyday..as much as i wanted to adopt but we have ten aspins at home including one we got from the streets that has three legs and 4 cats .i usually take cats from the streets too,eventhough i know my mom would get mad,am an advocate to these homeless animals.she loves animals too,i usually leave her with no choice but adopt them.i give them baths and see to it they get well if i get them from the streets whether by the canal or the garbage.iam planning to go to parc this saturday and bring my one of my cats but just to vist,i would like to order some of the postcards you're selling and am planning to bring a sack of cat food as donation.i hope i can volunteer but i have work and school at same time so my time left would be for my "kids" thats my cats and dogs.i would like to suggest perhaps you can have a studio like thing to raise funds for these homeless animals by taking studio like pics of pets perhaps it can also bring more people to parc,just a suggestion.of course the profit would be yours and perhaps some part of it goes to the animal shelter... i really like the pics you take.hopefully i can see you and have pictures taken for my cat,ill pay.hopefully the amount is not too big..hehe.thanks..i hope i get an answer before saturday nov, 15.thank you,god bless--veronica

3. By YanYan on Nov 12, 2008, 11:17:00 AM

more power to ur blog

4. By fox on Nov 17, 2008, 4:22:00 PM

Hi sherwin or anyone.we've asked around near our area.we can't find vibravet paste.where can we buy one and how much is this?tnx.

5. By Robbie on Nov 28, 2008, 11:26:00 PM

Hi. Is there anything on the list that you think is critically needed by the Shelter? Or something that can be prioritized over the rest?

6. By siyerwin on Dec 1, 2008, 1:38:00 PM

hi, robbie. i'd say the cat food would be a critical need along with vibravet paste. thanks and hope to see you at the shelter

7. By siyerwin on Dec 1, 2008, 1:45:00 PM

fox, will go ask liza about that vibravet paste.

8. By rhoane on Dec 12, 2008, 4:02:00 PM

hi i always drop by in this site and im planing to adopt a dog/pup by nx year..i have a 1 dog,a cat and a fish jeje..with me ryt now and my other "babies"cat and dogs are at province, they stay der with my mom and dad.we luv animals..anyway i want to donate a newspaper..cuz we hve lot of it..hope i can drop by after new year m po..il juz inform u or ann n lng..tnx..god bless...

9. By siyerwin on Dec 16, 2008, 12:37:00 PM

thanks, rhoane. Sorry for the late reply. I've been finding it hard to blog these past couple of months. Hopefully soon I will find time to make updates. Hope to see you at the shelter then!

10. By eeekar on May 13, 2009, 7:43:00 AM

Hi.
    I want to donate some in kind items to PARC.
    What kind of medicine do you need for the animals?
    I read that you need amoxicillin,right?
    Any other requests?
    Thanks.

11. By Squeekar on May 13, 2009, 9:11:00 AM

And ano pong dog food and cat food ang ginagamit n'yo?
    Thanks

12. By siyerwin on May 14, 2009, 12:03:00 AM

Hi, Squeekar. Any commercial pet food will do. But if you ask me I'd say support the pet food companies that help PAWS spread the news about homeless cats and dogs... ;) The shelter is really low on cat food so if you're going to donate, please consider giving cat food. For dogs, wet canned food is needed.

Thanks for the help, Squeekar! The shelter animals are looking forward to meet you!