PAWS Pet Memorial Wall

Posted by siyerwin on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Have you ever wondered if there's a place here in the Philippines where people can go to commemorate their pets who have passed away? Humans do it all the time in memorial parks and cemeteries where they occasionally visit the resting places of their relatives who have passed on. They light candles and offer flowers in honor and loving memory of their dead.

PAWS, in a project called the PAWS Pet Memorial Wall, has made such a thing possible by allocating a portion of its animal shelter, a.k.a. PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC), for its Pet Memorial Wall where humans/pet guardians/owners can dedicate memorial wall tiles for their pets who have moved on to the rainbow bridge.

This project is also meant to raise funds for the shelter as each tile (dimensions: 8 x 10 in.) costs Php 2,000 (approx. $40) inclusive of a four-line dedication with layout provided by PAWS (for approval by tile owner).

This is a pretty good way to create a lasting memorial to the pets that have been a significant part of our lives while at the same time reaching out a helping hand to the animals who are in dire need of our help at the shelter.

The shelter currently houses more than 130 cats and dogs, most of whom are looking for adoptive homes.

The Memorial Wall will be maintained for as long as the shelter stands.

For more information, please contact PAWS at philpaws @ yahoo.com. Thanks!

More pictures of the wall:

1. 7 comments: Responses to “ PAWS Pet Memorial Wall ”

2. By keli keni on Oct 26, 2008, 5:29:00 PM

kuya may i repost this? its nice to know about this,I think all of the animal lovers out there would be much happier to know about the memorial pet wall.

3. By fortuitous faery on Oct 27, 2008, 12:42:00 PM

this is so sweet!

4. By Anakin on Oct 28, 2008, 11:27:00 PM

Hi! I really love cats and dogs but sadly, I can't adopt one yet. I've always wondered, can I come and see/visit the cats and dogs in PARC? I would really want to say hi to them. :)

5. By Gail on Oct 29, 2008, 6:49:00 PM

Meron pa bang available tiles? I'd like to get one for my Sheero angel :( Also, pwede bayad through Paypal?

6. By siyerwin on Oct 31, 2008, 12:31:00 PM

Anakin, you're very welcome to meet the shelter cats and dogs!!!

Gail, yes there are still tiles (a lot actually) available. Will get back to you on the Paypal question.

7. By Anonymous on Jun 25, 2009, 9:31:00 PM

may I ask where this cemetery is located? ano pa po ibang ways of payment? kukuha din sana me para sa dog ng sister ko. thx po

8. By Anonymous on May 1, 2010, 10:06:00 PM

hi i would like to clarify is a cemetery for animals or tiles for the pets that passed away?because i am interested in purchasing tiles for my pets since they are growing older if it also serves as a cemetery for them thanks.