An Email from Shaun

Posted by siyerwin on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Here's a little update on one of two highway cats that were previously rescued by PAWS (Read story HERE). The update came from none other than one of the rescued cats himself: Shaun!

I guess things are looking up for this cat at his foster home (Yes, you can foster shelter animals!). He even learned how to send email with attached pictures to boot!

If you wish to send back a reply to Shaun after reading his email, he told me I can give you all his email address. Say hi to Shaun at shaun @ mefindhome.org. Drop him a note if you want to become his "online friend" or better yet, tell him that you want to adopt him! Yes, Shawn, the former highway-tunnel homeless cat now an internet savvy homeless cat is still looking for that forever home. He says he prefers one with internet connection but he really doesn't care. As long as the humans he'll be living with aren't like his former humans who threw him away in the middle of the highway, he'll be fine with it!

Here's that note from Shaun:

Hello, my name is Shaun.

You may not recognize me now so I'm sending my old photos way down below just to help you recall who I am.

Shaun the highway cat at his foster home!I myself don't want to remember how I ended up on that tiny shoulder in the Shaw Tunnel two months ago.

My rescuer from PAWS says I was severely dehydrated when she got me.

I'm still a bit scrawny but, hey, my ears are a lot cleaner now, and I really am quite a handsome fellow if you look at me closely.

I am currently staying at my foster mum's place where I am immensely enjoying lazy afternoons by my window "station". My foster mum says I shouldn't make myself too comfortable because someone will eventually adopt me and give me what she calls a "forever-home"

"Forever home" sounds nice. Whatever or wherever that is.

If you give me this "forever home", I promise to love you and keep you company even during the darkest episodes of your life. Abandonment is something I would not wish on anyone.. My next owner and I will have a relationship that's definitely for keeps.

Take that as a promise from a kitty who's been in a dark, scary tunnel.

Love,
Shaun

NOTE from PAWS: Those interested in adopting Shaun - please accomplish the PAWS Adoption Application Form found in www.paws.org. ph and send to philpaws@yahoo. com or handcarry it to the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC), Aurora Blvd., Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, Quezon City. Map available at http://parc.mefindhome.org. Thank you.

Cat Shawn Rescued from Edsa-Shaw TunnelShawn at Vets in PracticePAWS Cat Rescue

1. 5 comments: Responses to “ An Email from Shaun ”

2. By kouji | haiku on Oct 8, 2008, 7:27:00 AM

so kind of that person to rescue shaun. :) cat's come a long way since then. looking much better. :)

3. By Charlie on Mar 12, 2009, 12:29:00 PM

Hi Siyerwin,
    Is Shaun still available for adoption?
    Thanks,
    Irene

4. By Anonymous on Jun 12, 2009, 2:02:00 PM

hello siyerwin,
    im a cat lover
    asan na po si shaun ngaun?
    karen

5. By Tiff on Sep 28, 2009, 12:01:00 AM

Aww, Shaun looks like my cat, Goldie(who btw was poisoned by one of our neighbors).

6. By Kristine on Oct 14, 2009, 10:30:00 AM

I cried. LOL. I dunno why. I'm a crybaby, and when I read these kitties with their stories, I cry. LOLOL. :)

I remember one of my kittens who was stuck in a PVC pipe about 3 feet down below, and we couldn't get her out. I was crying. Finally we managed to get her out..and she never left my side ever since (except when she wants milk from her feline mum)

I hope Shaun could find a real mum who'd love him. I can see that his foster mum is really taking good care of him :D