Shelter Wishlist - September 2008 - Cat & Dog Food S.O.S.

Posted by siyerwin on Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 2:34 AM

The shelter is running out of cat and dog food.

PAWS Shelter Cattery
Help us avert a crisis by donating cat and dog food to fill the tummies of homeless cats and dogs. Donations help free up shelter resources and help stretch its ever-thinning supplies.

The PAWS shelter always needs the following:
1. Dog and Cat food (dry and wet)
2. All-wormer for dogs and cats
3. Medicine, vitamins: Amoxicillin capsules (250mg), LIV52 , IMMUNOL tablets
4. Powdered detergent soaps
5. Zonrox Bleach
6. Old Newspapers
7. Lactose-free milk for unweaned kittens (COSI or AL 110)
8. Dishwashing liquid or paste (for food bowls)
9. "Kusot" or woodshavings for kitty litter
10. Clean towels or rags
11. Collars (native dog size)
12. Garbage bags (size: XXL)

Drop off your donations to the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (Map HERE) or at the PAWS Headquarters at 87 Small Horseshoe Drive, New Manila, Quezon City.

Thank you very much for your time and generosity.

1. 14 comments: Responses to “ Shelter Wishlist - September 2008 - Cat & Dog Food S.O.S. ”

2. By Pink Paper on Sep 15, 2008, 6:22:00 AM

Hi, I've named your blog as one of my "I Love Your Blog" award! Visit, http://freeitis.blogspot.com to view your award :)

3. By Anonymous on Sep 15, 2008, 3:26:00 PM

Mr. sherwin, pwede ko ba padala sa'yo ang idodonate ko mga gamit?

4. By siyerwin on Sep 16, 2008, 7:33:00 PM

Anonymous, where's your location? Kindly email me privately at sherwin [at] mefindhome.org.

Pink Paper, thanks a lot!!! Meow! ;)

5. By Ice on Sep 17, 2008, 8:02:00 AM

hi siyerwin! it's me again. kakalungkot naman na may food shortage na naman ang mga babies ng shelter. **sigh. from time to time din kasi may food shortage ang mga cats and dogs ko sa bahay. i'll tell my friends about this and ask them to donate.

anyhow, i need your your opinion on something. last night i saw a lady sa may alabang na nagtitinda ng mga puppies. the cage was big enough for one pup but there were 6 of them. tapso may 2 pa dun sa isang basket. ok, granted na soft yung fur nila and all (kasi para silang binabad sa downy sa lambot ng fur nila) but they don't look like they're in good condition at all. ung nagtitinda ng mga puppies, wala man lang provisions na dala. wala man lang food or water.

they're selling the puppies for 600 each, pero willing silang ibigay ng 200 para lang makabenta. ung isang puppy na mukhang weak na, 300 na lang.

what can i do to help these poor creatures? kawawa naman eh.i asked one of my friend who is a paralegal, ang sabi nya kahit sa binondo maraming ganun and there's nothing we can do about it dahil ung mga nagbebenta ng mga aso eh protected by our local gov't officials.

kelan nga pala ung unang volunteer orientation next year? wala na kasi akong vl eh.

thanks and God bless you always. :)

6. By meekerz on Sep 17, 2008, 11:27:00 AM

hi sherwin! is the PAWS HQ in horseshoe open all day? or is there a specific time to go/or a contact person to look for?

champ will be sharing some of the loot he won at the dog dash :) will try to drop it off when i have time.

(btw, in case you have pics of us from the dog dash, would really appreciate if you can email me! thanks!)

7. By Anonymous on Sep 20, 2008, 8:53:00 PM

i want to help too. i have 7 cats at home (which i fought over becoz my brother wants to evict them.i told him kill me first before you do that.these cats are my children.)but my salary would be on the 30th p.wat brand of cat and dog food i should buy? my cats are eating table food kc(only chicken and tilapia) choosy kc cla and a little bit of spoiled brats..

8. By siyerwin on Sep 21, 2008, 12:45:00 AM

Sorry for the late reply, guys. Been really really busy.

Ice, there are certain regulations that pet sellers need to meet to be able to do their business; one of which is a permit from the Bureau of Animal Industry. If that seller can't show any, then she's probably breaking the law. There is something you can do about it. Please get in touch with PAWS through 4751688 and look for Anna Cabrera to learn more about how to approach or deal with people committing cruelty to animals. You may also email her at philpaws@yahoo.com. No announcement yet on the next volunteer orientation but I'll be sure to post it here the minute I get word. You may subscribe to my email feed to get notified immediately. Thanks.

Meekerz, the PAWS HQ is actually the residence of PAWS President Nita Lichauco. You may look for her during the day time if you're dropping by to donate. Thanks a lot. Will check my dog dash pics if I can spot you there. :)

Anonymous, any commercial cat food would be okay but if you need specific brand suggestion I'd say Whiskas or that one with the yellow packaging (the name escapes me right now). :) Thanks and hope to see you around!!

9. By Jessika Chan on Sep 23, 2008, 8:05:00 PM

Hello, Sherwin! I'm very much willing to donate and I've already been to PAWS twice. =D The name of the cat food with the yellow packaging is Friskies, I think.

Anyway, I'm from ADMU and my groupmate and I are doing a project (Socio-Anthropology 21) centered on PAWS and its advocates. I was hoping if you'd be willing to answer just a few questions for us. Thank you! I might drop by PARC in a few weeks to donate. =D

10. By siyerwin on Sep 24, 2008, 10:03:00 AM

Sure, Jessika. Email me at sherwin @ mefindhome.org for your questions.

Thanks for your cat food donation! Good luck with your project!

11. By marjorie on Sep 26, 2008, 1:28:00 PM

hello animal lovers,meron po akong 8 cats ang 2 kuting pa napulot ko lang sila everytime kasing makakita ako ng kuting sa kalye hindi ko talaga mapigilang wag kunin nakakaawa talaga.sa ngayon po broken hearted ako kasi kailangan ko silang edisposed pauwi na kasi amo ko galing U.S ayaw daw nila ng cats i can only keep 2 lang daw sana mapayuhan or matulungan nyo ako ayaw ko talaga silang iligaw.hope to hear u soon..

12. By marjorie on Sep 26, 2008, 9:18:00 PM

good evening sir sherwin,pakiinform nyo rin ako kung kailan ulit ang volunteer orientation interesado po akong sumali sana before dumating boss ko from states..gusto ko pong bumusita sa paws one of this days and bring some stuff to donate excited na akong makita cats and dogs nyo jan.salamat:)

13. By siyerwin on Sep 28, 2008, 12:37:00 PM

Hi, marjorie. Wag mo silang iligaw at idispose. Wala ka bang kilalang pedeng mag-alaga sa kanila? Isang pang potential na problema dyan ay kapag nabuntis ang mga babaeng pusa. Maganda sana kung mapakapon mo sila para di mangyari yun kasi pag ganun, mas malaki ang magiging problema mo kasi dadami sila lalo.

Pede ka mag-subscribe ka sa email feed ng blog ko para ma-inform ka agad kung may announcement ang PAWS tungkol sa volunteer orientation. Go HERE. Salamat ha. KItakits

14. By Anonymous on May 9, 2009, 1:11:00 AM

hi! i saw your campaign ads on tv. It melted my heart seeing these poor animals homeless. I also adopted a strayed kitten last year and named her Precious. Now, everybody in our house adores blue eye..from a helpless and malnourish kitten she turns into a healthy and playful teenage cat.(",)

Anyways, I just want to know when will be the next orientation. I've been wanting to be one your volunteers. Thanks!

15. By Anonymous on Oct 26, 2009, 5:17:00 AM

hi siyerwin , im karen i am willing to donate catfood ,animallover din po ako , lahatng cats ko ay saveko lang un karamihan un iniiwan po sa gitna ng daan dito quezon city h way dinadala ko sa mindoro at inaalagan ng parents ko..more power