A call for cat food donations

Posted by siyerwin on Sunday, July 06, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Fellow bloggers, please feel free to re-post in your respective blogs. Thank you very much.
Shelter cats need cat food donations!July is turning out to be quite a rough month for the shelter cats of PAWS because of a continuing shortage of dry cat food. Want to do a good turn for the shelter kitties and donate some?

A 1.5 kg bag of cat food costs Php 200.00 to 275.00 in Save More Supermarket and usually lasts around 1 to 2 weeks per cat so a bag or two per donor will help a lot in alleviating the cat food shortage problem. The shelter currently has about 140 cats in its care.

Would-be donors have 4 options:

Buy cat food and donate

You may drop off your donations at the PAWS shelter in Quezon City (Map HERE) or you can course it through me. I work somewhere in Mandaluyong and lunch time or after-work meet-ups at Shangri-la Edsa Mall will be fine with me. Email me at sherwin [at] mefindhome.org for details.

Donate cash for cat food

The best way would be to deposit your cash donations to the official PAWS bank accounts. You may get the account details at the official website of PAWS. You can also donate via Paypal (accepts credit card) if you prefer the electronic route. Click HERE to donate via Paypal. Any amount will be much appreciated and will go a long way. Please be sure to email Anna Cabrera of PAWS at philpaws @ yahoo.com after sending in your money and tell her the details and purpose of your donation (e.g., cat food).

Buy dog food (or cat food) to donate cat food

For every purchase of the Alpo-Friskies-Fancy Feast special promo bundle, a corresponding donation will be given to PAWS to fund the food supply of the shelter animals. This promo will run up to the end of July 2008 only so hurry and go buy those bundles! More info about this can be found HERE.

Buy Postcards to donate cat food

There are still 8 sets of postcards left with me. There are two types: the cat and the dog set. Each set is composed of 8 different images for a total of 16 different images if you get both sets. Price is only Php 120.00 per set of 8. Complete the cat and dog sets for only Php 240.00. Click HERE for more information and some sample images.

Thank you for reading.

Other related posts:

1. 9 comments: Responses to “ A call for cat food donations ”

2. By KittyKat on Jul 7, 2008, 3:26:00 PM

Hi there. I would like to donate catfood. What brand should I buy? I could ask my regular supplier to deliver the catfood to PARC. Thanks.

3. By siyerwin on Jul 8, 2008, 10:09:00 AM

Hi, KittyKat! I'd say any brand you're willing to give would be accepted with open paws! :) Thank you very very much. Please email me at sherwin [at] mefindhome.org if you have further inquiries.

Hope to see you at the shelter!

Sherwin

4. By Lexy on Jul 9, 2008, 3:28:00 PM

Just donated $5..sorry if that's all I can give for now..I promise I'll make it up when I get back in Phil..hope I helped..goodluck on your fund raising :)

5. By siyerwin on Jul 9, 2008, 9:50:00 PM

Wow thanks, Lexy. Every peso (or dollar) counts. Your donation will surely help a lot. July might turn out to be a good month for the shelter kitties with the kindness of people like you and KittyKat! Regards and hope to see you around.

Sherwin

6. By Soleil on Jul 10, 2008, 9:17:00 AM

Hi, I'm just wondering of you've considered getting the fish entrails from supermarkets. These are usually just given out for free. What we do is we boil these and sieve them to filter out the scales. We mix the juice with rice. Sometimes we also mix in some cat kibbles. Our cats love it. =)

7. By siyerwin on Jul 12, 2008, 9:34:00 PM

Thanks, Soleil. Will bring that up with PAWS but I do think they've done that in the past.

8. By vivrecherie on Jul 21, 2008, 3:51:00 PM

hi! my sisters and i would like to donate some of the things stated on the wishlist. problem is, we live in the province and would probably send the donations via courier. can you email me exact address @chebleu@yahoo.com? thanks

9. By babybranny on Jul 22, 2008, 7:45:00 PM

isn't that hyacinth, the cat angelica adopted? :)

10. By siyerwin on Jul 22, 2008, 10:28:00 PM

vivrecherie, you've got mail.

Liza, that's one of the old-timers. Notice the one eye? :)