PAWS Volunteer Orientation on July 12, 2008

Posted by siyerwin on Monday, June 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

The second PAWS volunteer orientation for the year 2008 will be held on July 12, Saturday, 10:00 AM at the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC) in Quezon City (Map HERE).

Please spend a little time to get to know a bit more about the animal welfare advocacy and get the chance to meet the homeless shelter cats and dogs for the first time!

For those who have made up their minds about volunteering, just fill up the application form and fax it to 475-1688 or just bring it to the shelter on the day of the orientation. You may also do it via snail mail to:

Ms. Nita Hontiveros Lichauco
President
The Phil Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)
87 Small Horseshoe Drive, New Manila, QC 1112

What can you do as a volunteer? A whole bunch. Read more about it HERE or HERE.

Orientation usually takes about 2-3 hours.

Thanks and see you at the shelter!

1. 11 comments: Responses to “ PAWS Volunteer Orientation on July 12, 2008 ”

2. By Lexy on Jul 1, 2008, 4:34:00 PM

Hi! I posted this on my blogs, sites and groups Im in..Hope you won't mind :)

3. By cai on Jul 2, 2008, 9:43:00 AM

finally! i'll be able to attend this one..i'm looking forward to it!

4. By Anonymous on Jul 5, 2008, 8:41:00 PM

hey, i was just wondering what the age limit is for volunteers? pls. e-mail me: kayla_teodoro@yahoo.com

-Kayla

5. By Anonymous on Jul 7, 2008, 1:33:00 PM

sadly, for the 2nd time i may not be able to attend in this orientation because i have my hospital duty on the said date. I was just wondering if orientation has ever been held on sundays? how i wish :(

6. By ususera on Jul 24, 2008, 10:35:00 AM

hi! is there an upcoming orientation after july? thank you.

7. By siyerwin on Jul 28, 2008, 12:32:00 PM

ususera, no announcements yet about the next orientation. will update this blog as soon as I hear word. thanks for dropping by.

8. By Margie on Aug 29, 2008, 1:50:00 PM

i tried the fax number...it just rings and rings...i really want to volunteer!

9. By siyerwin on Aug 29, 2008, 2:09:00 PM

Margie, I believe the shelter is currently severely understaffed so I apologize for the difficulty you're experiencing.

The next volunteer orientation might be this coming September. I will announce here as soon as I get word from PAWS. You may subscribe to my email feed so you'd get automatic notification of my posts.

Can you send me your filled up application through email? Go to http://www.pitstopit.com/paws3/volunteerapplication.htm, copy and paste it on a text editor, fill up the blanks then email it to sherwin [at] mefindhome.org. Just sign it when you attend the orientation. I will forward your application myself.

Thanks, Margie. Hope to see you at the shelter!

10. By Margie on Sep 1, 2008, 2:18:00 PM

Thank god i saw this post!!! I have the application with me.
    i can send it through email as well.

11. By Anonymous on Sep 30, 2008, 4:32:00 PM

I hope there's an orientation this October.

12. By genelle on Dec 20, 2008, 9:25:00 PM

i wonder, when will be the next orientation