Cats for adoption: Koko, Le-ann and Sammy

Posted by siyerwin on Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Koko, Le-ann and Sammy are 3 cats being put up for adoption by PAWS. Below are are some information about them with nice studio pictures to boot (courtesy of PAWS). The images look kind of surreal because you don't really ever see the shelter cats in such light.

Will you help me make it real for them by getting them adopted? Shelter cats look even prettier inside real loving homes believe me! You can help just by forwarding these images to your friends and/or posting them on your blogs. Simple as that!

Shelter cat Koko for adoption - MeFindHome.orgKoko - Wide-eyed Koko observes everything and sees everything. He is often seen staring at the other cats from the top ledge of the outdoor cattery. What makes him a favorite among volunteers and visitors is that a quick touch will immediately get his "motor" running -- Koko is a lean, mean, purring machine!

Shelter cat Leo for adoption - MeFindHome.orgLe-ann - Le-ann is one of our more laidback shelter cats. If her new owner will provide a couch and TV, we have no doubt that she'll spend the whole day just watching and lounging on the sofa

Sammy, the shelter cat up for adoption - MeFindHome.orgSammy - one of our handsomest kittens in the shelter, Sammy is personable and treats everyone like his long-lost friend. He loves being touched and is always looking for a pat on the head. His day is considered complete at the shelter when he is cuddled by a volunteer.

If you wish to adopt any of these 3 lovable kitties, you should read the ADOPTION PROCEDURE first. You may also call up PARC at 475-1688 and look for Dr. Jeff Chua (Shelter Manager) or Jho (PARC Secretary) to ask more information about Koko, Le-ann and Sammy. Email philpaws [at] yahoo.com or sherwin [at] mefindhome.org for further inquiries.

Linking up is also a great way to help out. Please go to http://linkup.mefindhome.org for more info.

Thanks and hope to see you at the shelter!

The above photos are owned by PAWS. Please ask permission (philpaws @ yahoo.com) if you're going to use them for other purposes besides looking for adoptive homes for the shelter animals. No need to ask permission if you're reposting this entry as is on your blogs. Thanks!

An Aside: Do you guys know that there are animal hospitals in other countries that exclusively caters only to the feline kind? An example is the Cat Hospitals of Portland which is a highly specialized medical care provider geared towards cats! I wish we had the same here!

1. 23 comments: Responses to “ Cats for adoption: Koko, Le-ann and Sammy ”

2. By Tana on Jun 22, 2008, 10:13:00 AM

These cats are soo cute! Are they litterbox trained ?

3. By siyerwin on Jun 24, 2008, 8:03:00 PM

Yes, I'd think they are, Tana. They have litter boxes at the shelter. Do drop by one of these days. Thanks for visiting the blog.

4. By Yuki on Jun 30, 2008, 1:42:00 PM

hey there! just wanted to say, I love what you're doing for the animals. This blog has become one of my daily-visited sites. Keep it up!

5. By siyerwin on Jul 1, 2008, 9:56:00 AM

Thanks, Yuki! A volunteer orientation is scheduled on the 12th. Maybe you and your friends would like to attend? :) See you around!

6. By Yuki on Jul 8, 2008, 8:34:00 PM

I really wanna volunteer! Unfortunately, I'm only 14 ;_; but I do plan on adopting an animal! I just have to get my parents to allow me to get a pet.

7. By siyerwin on Jul 9, 2008, 10:43:00 AM

Hello, Yuki. No worries. In 4 years time you'll be 18 and I'm sure PAWS will still be around. See you then. ;)

8. By Anonymous on Jul 11, 2008, 11:10:00 PM

Hi my name is roy, just like to say you all are doing a great job. I have a white male cat at home. would like to adopt a 2-3 month female kitten as his companion at home. thanks

9. By siyerwin on Jul 12, 2008, 9:40:00 PM

Hi, Roy! Thanks!

That's great! Please do drop by the shelter to meet the cats. Boy are you going to have a blast meeting more than 100 cats all at the same time! :)

Here's the map to the shelter http://parc.mefindhome.org

Call us up at 475-1688! See you at the shelter! :)

10. By Anonymous on Jul 22, 2008, 5:50:00 PM

hello,
    was wondering if I would adopt a kitten would it be possible for me, cause I live in cebu city

11. By siyerwin on Jul 23, 2008, 7:57:00 PM

hello, anonymous. PAWS requires the potential adopter to go to PARC for a personal interview. You will need to come here to Manila for the interview. Would you be open to adopting abandoned kittens right there in Cebu? I don't know but I have this feeling that you won't have to go far to find one (I think this applies to a lot of places here in the Philippines).

I think the most important thing for us to do is to set an example to other people by showing them that we also should look after homeless kittens out there.

Adopt one right there and tell the world about through blogging! Keep me updated if you do! :) Thanks and hope to see you around.

12. By anna braga le'te on Aug 2, 2008, 7:25:00 PM

Hi!

are these cats still available? :D

13. By siyerwin on Aug 6, 2008, 12:52:00 PM

Yes, anna. Very available. :)

14. By anna braga le'te on Aug 6, 2008, 6:42:00 PM

Yay!
    I'll be going to PAWS tomorrow...And be looking for those cats. :D

15. By ginpao on Aug 25, 2008, 4:00:00 PM

hi! i'm planning to adopt a cat. how long will the processing of my application be if i'll be filling up the app form and go there at PARC? i've always wanted to have a cat.

16. By siyerwin on Aug 27, 2008, 10:03:00 PM

Hello, ginpao! The length of time for the adoption process varies from adopter to adopter. If you're new to having cats the most important thing to do right now is for you to visit the shelter and meet the cats! :)

Hit it off with a cat and the process starts there!

What do you need to consider in having a pet? Please read this article first. Thanks and hope to see you at the shelter!!!

17. By eggie on Sep 2, 2008, 11:48:00 AM

is sammy still available for adoption?!

18. By Anonymous on Sep 5, 2008, 3:34:00 PM

Hello! My mom and I are looking for a cat. Sabi niya gusta niya ng pusang humihiga sa lap o sa tummy. I want a cat that is playful, social, and friendly. Both of us are usually out the whole day. I am out 9 hrs(I'm a student) while my mom is out for more than 12(my mom is...my mom). I'm planning to get 2 cats so they can entertain each other while we're away so they should also be friendly with their own kind. So do you have anyone there that fits our preferences?

19. By Chiko on Sep 21, 2008, 7:13:00 AM

Hi. Nice site. Good job in loving these homeless animals. I really want to adopt Sammy, the cat. ^^,

20. By Lynne on Dec 5, 2008, 10:35:00 AM

I sure hope Sami has a home after so many were interested. I have 4 beautiful 5 week old kittens that I hope to find homes for. We are only visitinghere in Manila for some human surgery and a lonely cat had her kittens in a tool shed at the place we are staying. They are healthy and litter box trained. The mom has a home once her surgery is done, which is wonderful! So nice if they could go in pairs!

21. By siyerwin on Dec 5, 2008, 11:35:00 AM

Lynne, thanks for taking these cats in. I wish you all the best in finding homes for them. Please work out a way to have the mommy cat spayed so she won't have more kittens. The kittens must be fixed as well when they grow older (6 months is the usual recommendation but some vets can do it earlier). If you're looking for low-cost spay/neuter, you may call PAWS at 475-1688 or CARA (Please see link in my sidebar).

Thanks and hope to see you at the shelter!

22. By Anonymous on Jan 31, 2009, 9:32:00 PM

is Sammy still available? how will it take for me to adopt him? i really really like him. i have had cats since i was a child so there will be no problem in taking care of him. thanks! =^-^=

23. By Anonymous on Feb 7, 2009, 10:44:00 AM

how long will it take i mean.. thanks..

24. By sassy on Apr 4, 2010, 9:21:00 AM

is sammy still available?