MeFindHome is 2 years old!

Posted by siyerwin on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 4:59 PM

The pictures below constitute my priceless collection of images of erstwhile shelter cats and dogs that have been lucky enough to get new chances at a better life. I dedicate them to all the volunteers, adopters, bloggers and everyone who spend a portion of their lives helping defenseless animals victimized by cruelty, neglect and indifference. I dedicate this post to all animals in shelters everywhere still waiting.

Do you recognize these fellas? :)

Adopted cat Prada - MeFindHome.orgAdopted cat Kate, the three-legged cat - MeFindHome.orgAdopted cat Kate, the three-legged cat - MeFindHome.orgAdopted cat Kate, the three-legged cat - MeFindHome.orgFormer PAWS Shelter Cat with Liza Umayam - MeFindHome.orgFormer PAWS Shelter Dog with Gwen - MeFindHome.orgFormer PAWS Shelter dog Putot - MeFindHome.orgCeline, Mario and Blackie - MeFindHome.orgJeff, the former office cat, with human Burnz - MeFindHome.orgSusan, the sleepy cat, still sleepy after adoption - MeFindHome.orgMarian and adopted kitty Kisha - MeFindHome.orgFormer PAWS Shelter cat Alfie - MeFindHome.orgFormer PAWS Shelter cat Alfie with Xyza - MeFindHome.orgGina and Hanny making themselves at home - MeFindHome.orgGina snoozing on the sofa - MeFindHome.orgNo more blank stares from former homeless Hanny - MeFindHome.orgGina and Hanny with mommy Joy - MeFindHome.orgEmil, the former shelter dog - MeFindHome.orgChubby: Homeless no more - MeFindHome.org
If you adopted a cat or dog from PAWS / PARC, I'd love to hear from you. Please help me complete my collection by sending in your pictures with your adopted cats or dogs. I'll appreciate it a lot. You may email the pictures to sherwin [at] mefindhome.org

Thank you very much.

1. 9 comments: Responses to “ MeFindHome is 2 years old! ”

2. By Chessbuff on May 28, 2008, 6:53:00 PM

Congratulations on your two year anniversary! Surely, you've done well for the animals. More power to you in the coming years...

3. By keli keni on May 28, 2008, 11:25:00 PM

wow! congrats kuya syerwin! and thanks for linking me up,more power to this site and to you! cheers to the success of giving hope for animals w/no home.

4. By keli keni on May 28, 2008, 11:27:00 PM

ask ko lng yung sa volunterr,balak ko kasing umattend sa seminar sa june,kaylan po ba yun? and what time,thanks.

5. By Greenwoods Pet Clinic on May 29, 2008, 4:42:00 AM

Hi Sherwin, congratulations on a job well done! Now its your turn to make me teary eyed! Helping abused, neglected, or homeless animals get a second chance at life is the ultimate high for me. The happy faces of these dogs and cats experiencing love and security for the first time in their lives are truly priceless and you've captured them all. May your work continue to inspire compassion and respect for animals. In these trying times, with rampant criminality and all, people need to learn to value life in its simpliest forms. - Lilli

6. By siyerwin on May 29, 2008, 10:55:00 AM

Thanks, Ted, Keli and Lilli. I'm just the blogger and the part-time photographer of the shelter cats and dogs. Real work is done by a silent group of volunteers, staff and directors of PAWS. But it's indeed my hope to inspire other people out there to get involved by volunteering and adopting.

Keli, will send in my query for the orientation sched but I don't expect a reply till next week. The directors are pretty busy this weekend raising funds for the shelter. They'll be in SM Bagiuo for the Alpo Frisbee Challenge finals. You may want to check the event out yourself! :)

7. By keli keni on May 30, 2008, 10:52:00 PM

ok,thanks,hope to see the whole shelter community pag andyan na ako

8. By Anonymous on Apr 3, 2009, 3:03:00 AM

jz want to say GOD bless you Sherwin..More power and i hope you'll always be as good as you are in animals..They are great companions..we got 7 native dogs in d house so,,di kita matulungan sa adoption..dts it..

9. By sherille on Apr 28, 2009, 1:10:00 PM

hi. can you help me find a place wherein they adopt cats? we have to let go of our cats because of our new born baby at home. we really need a place for them where they can be safe and loved.

10. By STEF on May 1, 2009, 10:24:00 AM

WOW!! CANT WAIT TILL I CAN ADOPT OR FOSTER! GOOD JOB GUYS!