PAWS Volunteer Orientation (June 9, 2007)

Posted by siyerwin on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Want to do a good turn for the animals?

When you volunteer for PAWS, you can do shelter work, campaign materials, participate in fundraising events, visit schools to teach children kindness and visit hospitals with our Dr. Dogs.

The next orientation for PAWS volunteer applicants is on Saturday, June 9, 2007 - 10 am at our animal shelter, PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC) in Aurora Blvd., Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, QC. (Please check out map HERE).

Those who have submitted application forms to us have already been informed by phone or SMS about the orientation. Those who have not submitted the forms may want to submit them directly to us before the orientation.

Please bring your P50 donation for the orientation materials.

For those who want their IDs processed right away, please bring P200 (ID and annual fee) and a 1x1 colored ID photo. For other inquiries, please call Tin at 475-1688 or 4827695.

See you on June 9!

Check out the new PAWS website at http://www.paws.com.ph. Kindly update those links! Thanks!

1. 22 comments: Responses to “ PAWS Volunteer Orientation (June 9, 2007) ”

2. By Luna Stark on Jun 6, 2007, 9:14:00 PM

I'll be coming on June 9. :) I'm really looking forward to the orientation. :D

3. By . on Jun 6, 2007, 10:02:00 PM

hi! i want to volunteer... kso i don't know where to find the application form... can the form be submitted online? thanks! :)

4. By siyerwin on Jun 7, 2007, 8:54:00 AM

celine, that's great! see you around. :)

hello, .! :) the application is HERE. kindly print it out and fax it to 724-1986 or bring it with you when you attend the orientation.

Thanks!

5. By Luna Stark on Jun 8, 2007, 2:26:00 PM

Thanks Sherwin! :) Ah, I've updated my blog na pala, you'll find the pictures of my dogs' hangout there as promised. Good news pala, I'm adopting na this month, particularly the week of June 16. Ilang tulog na lang. (I could barely describe how happy I am.) :)

6. By siyerwin on Jun 10, 2007, 1:29:00 PM

celine, this totally made my week. thanks. pano mo napapayag senyo? were you at the orientation yesterday? exactly what date are you getting Mario? :-)

7. By Luna Stark on Jun 10, 2007, 8:55:00 PM

Instead of giving me their usual gifts for my birthday (June 30), I convinced them to just let me adopt earlier instead. I'll also be the one to fund his needs and his vet. (I also printed out Mario's pic and posted it in front of my bedroom door, the desktop wallpaper, and everywhere I could enjoy it.) Pumayag na rin sila.

Exact date would be on June 19, Tuesday. I'll be going to the shelter in the afternoon, at sabay na kami uwi. :)

Yes, I was at the orientation yesterday! :D I was wearing the same shirt posted in my blog, and I would love to be of service to PAWS even after the adoption.

8. By siyerwin on Jun 11, 2007, 12:43:00 AM

hehe. may cat version ba yun shirt na yun? :)

please don't forget to send me a photo of you and mario at his new home! it's for my own collection naman.

welcome aboard!

9. By lee on Jun 11, 2007, 1:08:00 AM

Hello! :)

i want to volunteer. but before i commit i have only one question:

gano kadalas po ba dapat nag paparticipate sa volunteer works?

i will be free for a month then magttrabaho na uli ako(callcenter) and i'll only have weekends para off. okay lang sa akin mag volunteer pag weekends :) i'll try my best to volunteer din kahit weekedays basta kaya ng sched ^__^

10. By siyerwin on Jun 11, 2007, 8:16:00 AM

Hi, lee!

volunteers are asked to do volunteer work for at least 4 hours a month. you can of course contribute even if you can't be physically present as there are also stuff to be done through online and other means. but i invite you to come to future PAWS events as that's where real bodies are needed. PAWS events are usually scheduled during weekends.

if you sign up for the whatsuppaws yahoogroup, you'll certainly get informed when volunteers will be needed.

again, thanks for showing interest in volunteering. hope to see you around one of these days.

11. By Luna Stark on Jun 11, 2007, 1:05:00 PM

Shiyerwin,

I haven't seen a cat version, but I do remember seeing a few printed shirts about cats naman sa Trinoma. Can't remember the store though. Di bale, when I go shopping again!

Of course! I'll be taking pictures of him when he's here at home na and I'll send them to you po. :)

Thanks! :)

12. By Luna Stark on Jun 18, 2007, 8:03:00 PM

Hi Shiyerwin! Mario's with me at home na. :) (Yay~!) And he wouldn't lt me out of his sight (he whimpers and barks really really loud when I'm not thereand it breaks my heart to see him looking at me with his please-don't-leave-me look) because I think he hasn't settled down thoroughly, but we'll get there. (Do you recommend any good websites? O.O) I'm going to need some more tips from you guys since it's the first time I've adopted a full grown dog. I love Doggy and Mario, and I'll do my best to get them used to each other and give them all the love I could give. Thanks so much for posting Mario's pic here because if it weren't for this blog, I wouldn't have found him sooner. :)

13. By Anonymous on Jun 19, 2007, 11:37:00 PM

hey.. i'm just wondering if you guys know how to treat "galis" our (3) puppies, given to me by my aunt have it because their place in the province is not so clean.. pls help.. i'm feeling so sorry for them.. i would appreciate if you could suggest anything.. (i'm a student that why i can't afford to take them to the vet yet) but if there's nothing.. it ok..

thanks :) more power to PAWS!

by the way, i was planning to be a volunteer but it ended up that i have to study and study for nursing major subject, cause i've got them all now @_@

but i still hope that i can join when i'm free.. :)

14. By siyerwin on Jun 24, 2007, 6:58:00 PM

^hello. i'm so sorry for this late reply. i hope your puppies are doing better. i would suggest that you bring them to the vet as soon as it is possible. ascertaining the root cause of the "galis" is the best way to knowing how to treat them.

you can bring them to PARC's veterinarian Doc Ami. The consultation fee is only P100.

again, i apologize for the late response. give my regards to the pups

15. By Anonymous on Jun 29, 2007, 6:53:00 PM

Hi~ :)

I`ve been wanting to volunteer badly but there are around five reasons why I can`t.

1) Is there an Age Limit? Maybe I`m too young.
    2) QC is faaaar away.
    3) I don`t think my parents will allow it.
    4) I don`t think I`m allowed to volunteer to help cats because they trigger my asthma. I wish I can, though.
    5) School. =\

I`m serious. I`ve been very moved I can`t find my heart anymore (kidding!) by the descriptions of the adorable cats and dogs. I want to adopt and/or volunteer badly.

Ate Cel (Celine) said that I can when I`m older. I hope so! But then again, QC is pretty far.

My fullest support to PAWS and PARC.

Give the animals love from me, please! :)

16. By Anonymous on Jul 7, 2007, 10:23:00 PM

I like your blog it has a lot of great information.

God bless
    www.mydoggilicious.com

17. By nadia on Jul 16, 2007, 6:19:00 PM

oh.. thanks siyerwin.. i think they are doing much better now because of the weather.. but i'll try and seek doc ami's help for that "galis" treatment =) thanks for the reply.. truly apreciated =)

18. By Anna on Jul 26, 2007, 5:37:00 PM

hello. i'm sorry i don't know where to ask but your blog came up in a search for PAWS and i would like to ask if their donation page is accurate as of now. i'll be participating in the blogathon this weekend and any money i raise will be donated to PAWS. so far i got 8 pledges already. the sponsors will be directed to the PAWS donation page after the blogathon is over so they can be informed where to donate.

19. By Biby Cletus on Jul 30, 2007, 12:42:00 PM

Hi

I'm new here landed up searching blogs on resources on pets. cool blog you have here, keep it up. i'm also interested in dogs and do have a german shepherd named devil ( named after the phantom's dog - i was a huge phantom fan in my childhood ) any way its nice to be here. i'll be back some time later for more updates.

Warm Regards from India

you might find this series
    on dogs
    in our blog interesting. do leave comments there. see ya.

Bijoy

Kerala, India

20. By Cassandra on Oct 9, 2007, 6:44:00 AM

Been a while since there's been an entry here. I was wondering if there's anything new happening.

As for me, I'm at NY right now but I've always wanted to send support to PAWS in terms of money, maybe to help defer expenses for food at least.

Is there a way for me to do this? I can send via Moneygram if needs be. Please reply asap.

21. By siyerwin on Oct 9, 2007, 11:14:00 AM

cassandra, the fourth quarter of 2007 will be busy months for PAWS. Sorry I no longer am able to update my blog as often as I used to but be assured that the work continues. Please visit PAWS' website at http://www.paws.org.ph and get updates about its activities.

You may donate through Paypal. you'll find the button on the website. You may also wire your donations to their bank accounts; the details of which are given on their site. I highly recommend the above methods compared to moneygram. But of course it's all up to you. Please email philpaws@yahoo.com before you donate so they could give you additional instructions if they have any.

Thank you very much for your interest in helping out. Believe me that any help you may give will go a long long way for the benefit of the animals.

22. By Azriel on Oct 9, 2007, 10:46:00 PM

HELP!! i need to give up my baby for adoption!

my puppy is 4 months old. his name is nico. and i need to put him up for adoption no matter how much my heart is aching with that thought! i love him to bits but my parents just won't let me have him.

the biggest problem of all is that he broke his hind leg and we haven't gone to a vet for that. i mean, an x-ray needs to be done and he also needs to get his anti-rabies shots. argh!

the reason why my parents wanted to give him away is because he bit me. anyway, we're spending a lot of money for my shots and they said that after the observation period, he needs to go.

man, kahit pilay siya, mahal na mahal ko yang asong yan! lalo ko pa ngang minahal at inalagaan dahil nga pilay siya! and my eyes water everytime i think of giving him away.

but what can i do? i still live with my parents and of course, what they say is law.

please, please, please help me out. can i give him to PAWS and then send money every now and then or something? i mean, maybe not now that i'm taking my shots. after that. i'm working naman na eh. please, please, please! i'm so desperate. my dad told me that if i don't "get rid of nico" (his words, not mine) he'd throw him in the creek. i'd just die if i suddenly get home and find out that my dad really threw him in the creek.

please, anyone who could help me, please, email me. tenshi_kuroi2001@yahoo.com

thank you. i hope someone could help me.

23. By siyerwin on Oct 10, 2007, 10:59:00 AM

Did he bite you before or after his injury? He could have bitten you because he was in pain. And if you had just brought him promptly to medical attention when he was injured, then you guys probably wouldn't have spent on rabies shots.

Please let your parents know that it wasn't the dog's fault that he bit you and that if you left him in a creek, he will die a miserable death; or worse, he survives but catches rabies and bites someone else who could get infected.

Please call 4751688 and tell them about your predicament. They will advise you accordingly. Goodluck.