1-2-3: Homeless Supercat

Posted by siyerwin on Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Shelter life sure isn't easy. But 1-2-3, one of PARC's cat residents, has shown amazing resilience that I have not seen in any other cats at the shelter in the 1 or so year that I've been going there. He's a magnificent representative of the native Pinoy cat. I've never seen him having health problems, mild or otherwise, besides those occasional swat scratches that you'd expect in a multi-cat environment.

The bad news, though, is that he's the longest-staying cat at the shelter. Most of his contemporaries have either been adopted or have moved on to that place where cats and dogs are infinitely happier. It's painful to think of the possibility that he might live his entire life in a shelter. Please help PAWS find a home for this fella before it's too late.

1-2-3 is a male, 5 year old Pinoy cat with a coat of orange and white. He was abandoned by his previous owners around 3 years ago and he's perfect for anyone who knows cats well and has handled and cared for them in the past.

We have brought him with us at PAWS events a number of times for the PAWS adoption booth and I've seen him let perfect strangers rub his belly. 1-2-3 can be playfully cute around humans.

Please spend a little of your time to help spread the word about 1-2-3. Forward this post to your friends and kindly ask them to do the same. Home for 1-2-3 may just be a few clicks a way.

For more of your questions, please call up PARC at (02) 475-1688.

Click here for the adoption procedure and here for the map to PARC.

Thank you.

1. 14 comments: Responses to “ 1-2-3: Homeless Supercat ”

2. By Karen on Apr 7, 2007, 2:56:00 PM

If I didn't have seven cats I'd adopt the poor cute kitty. I hope he finds a home soon.

3. By siyerwin on Apr 10, 2007, 12:26:00 AM

Thanks, Karen! I love your blog and am linking! Your cats are lucky to have your as their slave!!!

4. By Raina on May 7, 2007, 3:01:00 PM

If I can have them all, I will.

I have 10 cats minus those that died and gave away. I'm really compassionate about them and I'd like to form an organization like PARC or CARA someday.

5. By siyerwin on May 7, 2007, 10:04:00 PM

Thanks, raina!

We have the exact same dream! I want to build a shelter as big as megamall and i will take them all in. no exceptions! ;-)

6. By Anonymous on Nov 30, 2007, 10:43:00 AM

if i have the time, i'd visit 1-2-3. i wish to have one this xmas before i go home to pangasinan since im living in a dorm right ow. =p

7. By siyerwin on Dec 1, 2007, 8:06:00 AM

thanks, anonymous poster. hope to see you around. :)

8. By Anna on Dec 12, 2007, 11:33:00 PM

sherwin, one thing you didn't mention - 1-2-3 has already been adopted once before but he was returned to PARC. if i remember right, it was because he was bullying the adoptive parent's other cat. He's also "king" of the PARC cattery - always giving, er, a "1-2-3" jab (that's how he got his name) to the other cats. We think 1-2-3 should be an only cat in his adoptive parent's household.

9. By babybranny on Dec 21, 2007, 3:52:00 PM

sherwin, saw that you placed 123, emil, & jasmine's pics at the side of your homepage...thank you thank you thank you!! you're the best!! :D

here's hoping they find their homes very soon :)

10. By micchu on Jan 8, 2008, 8:27:00 AM

i was wondering why no one wanted to adopt 1-2-3? he's so cute and i'm sure he's equally loveable... would PAWS allow the adopter to be from a different province? Cebu, perhaps? I am very interested in him. i will soon be opening my apartment to a few adopted cats from our office. Soon as i can find a new apartment of my own, i will definitely adopt more cats. Maybe he can join my little feline family. Will try to visit PAWS soon.

11. By siyerwin on Jan 8, 2008, 8:27:00 PM

We've had adopters from the provinces before. You'll just need to make sure of the safety of 1-2-3 during transit. Please call PARC at 4751688 to know more.

Goodluck with your apartment. The cats you take in are lucky indeed! Give our warm regards to them.

Thanks, micchu and hope to hear from you again!

See you at the shelter!!!

12. By Anonymous on Nov 2, 2008, 11:56:00 PM

hi, i already have 4 cats and i want to have more.. actually i supposed to have 7 cats coz my 1 cat gave birth and she had 3 kittens but unfortunately they're gone. i dont know if some kid took them away coz they just disappeared and i couldnt fine them anymore.. i want to adopt more cats but im thinking if they will be friends with my cats here at home..

13. By siyerwin on Nov 5, 2008, 1:04:00 PM

Hi, anonymous. Were the kittens kept indoors when they disappeared?

There will definitely be a period of adjustment for the cats you bring together for the first time. Some cats adjust better than others. Best thing for you is to drop by the shelter to see which ones you think will get along well with your current cats.

14. By Mercedes on Jan 5, 2009, 11:10:00 PM

I've been reading about PAWS and your efforts to help animals. I've started researching about different topics as well such as the dog meat trade. It really broke my heart.

I'm only 17 years old. If only we didn't have too many pets at home na. I promise that when I start getting my own place and earn my own money I'm going to get my first pet from here :)

15. By jorix on Feb 2, 2009, 6:40:00 PM

aww.. i really love cats and dogs.. our family used to have 13 cats and three dogs.. but since i developed allergic rhinitis, my mom wouldn't let me have them anymore.. i miss them so much.. they're now staying with my aunt.. i would love to have any of the cats and dogs here.. but i can only spread the word for them.. that's the least i could do..