Homeless and Hungry

Posted by siyerwin on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Cat food crisis at the shelter!

Please help PAWS keep our homeless feline friends' tummies filled. The shelter is in dire need of cat food donations from those with a little extra to give. Every little bit helps. Being homeless is already bad as it is...

You may bring your donations to PARC (map here):

Address:
Aurora Boulevard corner
Marcos Highway,
Loyola Heights,
Quezon City

Tel: (+632) 4751688

(First picture above is that of Angel, the one-eyed cat. She's still looking for home... Second picture was a cat named Manila Bay...)

1. 8 comments: Responses to “ Homeless and Hungry ”

2. By AvaG on Mar 1, 2007, 6:53:00 PM

Hello, I recently dropped my cat named "KIT" at PAWS (tabby, short-tailed, black&white cat). I asked my classmates and friends if they are willing to adopt him from PAWS (so that I could still see him/visit him from time to time) and one of them agreed to take him in.

Is that allowed? Could I reserve "Kit" (brought there yesterday, Feb. 28, 2007) for my friend? Please, sana puwede. I will call PAWS tomorrow. :((((

3. By AvaG on Mar 1, 2007, 7:12:00 PM

Hello (di yata na post 'yung previous comment ko).

I have left a cat named "KIT" at the shelter yesterday (Feb 28, 2007). Black & white tabby cat s'ya na may maikling buntot.

I really miss him a lot and to think na di ko na s'ya makikita if ever ma-adopt s'ya eh sobrang sakit para sakin (since 5 years na yung pusa na yon sa akin). Kaya I tried asking my friends kung puwede isa sa kanila ang mag-adopt and one of them is willing.

Puwede ba ipa-reserve yung pusa (named "KIT")? Baka kasi may kumuhang iba. Mataba kasi yun at sobrang cute. Maybe you could help me ask them kung puwede yung gano'ng arrangement.

Salamat!

4. By siyerwin on Mar 1, 2007, 7:53:00 PM

Hello, Ava.

Yes, you can tell PARC that you'll be coming for her. But please go get him the soonest possible time...

Being used to a home environment like yours, a shelter environment will be very rough on the him... :(

5. By AvaG on Mar 1, 2007, 8:47:00 PM

Ang alam ko 1-2 weeks bago s'ya ipa-adopt di ba? Kakadala pa lang namin sa kanya kahapon so I hope di pa s'ya for adoption agad.

6. By siyerwin on Mar 1, 2007, 9:17:00 PM

I do think he can be adopted as soon as an adequate home is found for him. Please don't make him wait 1-2 weeks. Tell your friend to go get him ASAP! I can't stress that enough.

He's vaccinated, right? That will give him a better chance in a shelter environment...

Thanks for dropping by. You may get in touch with me through my email: find.home (at) yahoo.co.uk.

Please keep me updated about Kit. I want him to find a new home asap. Kawawa naman... :(

7. By Anonymous on Mar 14, 2007, 9:29:00 AM

Hi, I regularly drop by and read your blog. However, I understand that PAWS is an animal welfare organization, so I was wondering why you had a link to PeTA?

PeTA, as an animal rights group, opposes any type of pet ownership (among other things). The philosophies of animal rights groups are very different from animal welfare organizations. Or is this the ultimate aim of PAWS as well?

Here's one source:

8. By siyerwin on Mar 14, 2007, 10:52:00 AM

Hello. Thanks for visiting and posting. I appreciate it a lot.

I would like to reiterate that me.find.Home remains to be a personal endeavor--- And that anything put here should not be attributed to PAWS or to anyone else but me. I remember having this disclaimer linked here somewhere but it disappeared somehow.

I'm merely a volunteer who wants to blog about homeless animals and support those of kindred spirit, whether animal welfare advocates or animal rights activists.

The controversy surrounding PeTA as an animal rights group is a very interesting discourse but it will not be a concern that you will see on this small corner of the blogosphere.

Again, thank you.

9. By Anonymous on Mar 14, 2007, 3:04:00 PM

Thank you very much for the clarification. :)