Beautiful Philippine Dogs Pageant

Posted by siyerwin on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 7:30 PM

This coming Saturday, November 18, 2006, 5:00 PM, at the SM Megamall Atrium in Mandaluyong City, 10 remarkably gorgeous and intelligent dogs will take center stage in a pageant like no other.

Entitled "Ang Pinakamagandang Hayop Sa Balat Ng Lupa", the pageant will showcase the best of our very own breed, the Filipino dog. Dogs with fancy breed names-- the Japanese, the Germans, the Siberians and the Americans--- will temporarily take the sidelines to make way for the true and blue Pinoy dogs; to let them strut their stuff in front of believers and unbelievers alike. Watch them show off their oozing good looks, superb intelligence, amazing temperament and loyalty that are the hallmarks of the Pinoy's best friend!

Please do come and fall in love with our very own. See you there!

See more of the 10 finalists at Liza U's Multiply Site or at Karizma's Website.

Above photos by © Jay Javier.

1. 11 comments: Responses to “ Beautiful Philippine Dogs Pageant ”

2. By Nicah on Nov 15, 2006, 9:16:00 PM

they're so cute!!! :)

3. By Faira on Nov 19, 2006, 10:19:00 PM

Pinoys, a breed to be proud of! They have a majestic look, what is thier personality like? I have a Min-Pin, "Jengibre" as you know because you have visited my Blog, and of course like most breeds have thier good points and thier bad point. Min-Pins are protective like Jengibre is, so can bite strangers and some are prone to yapping. I was lucky with Jengibre on that point because she is not a yapper.

The dog I have always wanted some day is the Whippit and the Cat, a Scottish Fold, both very expensive though. But I am happy to love so many pets no one else wanted but me, so I have not missed anything... they give me so much love, just happy to have a home! I added your Blog to Jengibre's friends on my right side bar on my blog. Nice to meet another friend trying to make a difference!

4. By liza on Nov 20, 2006, 2:49:00 PM

Tala did not just find home, but also found a beaty pageant title! Congratulations Tala for being the "Pinakamagandang Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa," and congratulations to all 10 contestants because you are all winners and all so beautiful. PAWS is so proud of all of you and your wonderful, compassionate, breed-blind guardians :)

See beauty beyond breed! :)

5. By liza on Nov 20, 2006, 2:52:00 PM

See beauty beyond breed! :)

6. By Kitty on Nov 20, 2006, 3:12:00 PM

If I may answer faira, Filipino domestic dogs ("mongrels") are wonderful. They're often of robust constitution--maybe due to their harsh street life? Mostly short-haired and not demanding in grooming/maintenance. Loving & loyal--some are more friendly, some are more protective of their territory and their families. All of them wonderful dogs.:)

7. By askalfreak on Nov 20, 2006, 7:56:00 PM

The most endearing quality of the Filipino domestic dogs: they are protective of you and your home. At least that's what's a British guy I talked to noticed with his own Filipino dog.

8. By jenp on Nov 24, 2006, 7:15:00 PM

The dogs in the pictures are askals? If they are, WHOA! They look so nice!

9. By siyerwin on Nov 25, 2006, 12:42:00 AM

jenp, they're askals no longer! :)they live in a home not in the kalye, loved and cared for by pinoys. they're aspin's now. asong pinoy. :) and yes they're all as pretty as any other dogs! :-)

10. By Ashley on Dec 4, 2006, 3:58:00 AM

You have a great blog and are doing a good job. Please visit out site and see our pictures, sign our guestbook or leave a comment. Have a great day.

11. By Val on Dec 22, 2006, 12:55:00 AM

hi sherwin :) i used some of the pictures you took of the shelter animals for my thesis. i have to make promotional materials for paws kasi. i hope you don't mind :)

12. By Val on Dec 22, 2006, 9:25:00 AM

btw, pls look at the stuff i made for my thesis. and i would like to know your comments and suggestions. kahit criticims, ok lang so that i can edit them hehe :) you can view them here: http://phoenuiqxz.multiply.com/photos/album/87
    thanks. oh, this is val btw :)