Alfie, the lap cat

Posted by siyerwin on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Alfie's the name and the lap, his domain. This kitten is perfect companion to anyone who loves the gentle and the quiet ones. Scoop him up anytime for a cuddle-session and you'll rarely get complaints. Only purrs in generous plenty.

Me and Alfie hit it off the first time we met, which was around 3 months ago. Picked him up during a lull in PARC activities and was pleasantly surprised by how friendly he turned out to be. Went to nap right then and there on my lap like it was a pillow made of clouds.

I think Alfie's in a bit of trouble though. I've noticed that most cats cope really well in the forty-plus-cat shelter environment (yes, there are at least 40 of them at PARC). Alfie, unfortunately, is not one of those cats. Let's just say that he is not very well-placed in the corporate feline ladder and he's got the wounds to show for it. I know. Cats will be cats. But I figure some of you kind souls out there may be looking for a mild-mannered companion cat with a snuggle and cuddle-ready attitude 24/7. Alfie is the one!

Please adopt Alfie and save yours truly and a bunch of PARC volunteers from a whole lot of heartaches.

Alfie facts:

1. Alfie is around 1 year old.
2. Alfie will be ok in a multiple-cat home so long as he's able to eat well. He's one of the shy ones during feeding time and forty cats is probably just too much competition for him sometimes.
3. Alfie is 100% certified cuddly!

Here's one of Alfie's earlier pics when the white in his fur was still pristine and still no wounds to show his rank. I'm rooting for the under-um-dog, er, cat! :)

Alfie's one of my most photographed PARC residents. He's not the unruly type and knows how to stay put... most of the time. So it's easy to take pictures of him.

Kittens will be kittens. Here's Alfie sticking his head into piled up sacks of goodies!

You'll get a lot of this kind of affection from this fella.

One of Alfie's favorite places on earth: up in the arms of friends.

Shoulders are a favorite, too!!!

Please help find Alfie a forever home [ADOPT | LINK UP]. Kindly show his pictures to your friends and forward this post to anyone whom you think might be able to help. Click HERE to forward this post. More images of Alfie are in this post. Email me at find.home @ yahoo.co.uk for your queries.

1. 20 comments: Responses to “ Alfie, the lap cat ”

2. By Anonymous on Sep 14, 2006, 2:13:00 PM

sherwin, i think alfie's meant to be yours........ :p

-liza :)

3. By Carol Reyes on Sep 14, 2006, 4:52:00 PM

Hi guys. Ang cute at sweet naman ni Alfie. I know for sure maraming magkaka gusto kay Alfie.

Sherwin, since hindi ako makapag volunteer sa PARC dahil sa hectic work sched, (wish ko lang next year, pwede na ko) ginawa kong primary photo sa friendster yung Adoption Poster and of course, every week, nag p-post ako ng mga pictures for adoption. Sana maka help ako..

BTW, adopted na pala si Tala! Wow! Finally! Tala.Found.Home!

Sana sila hanny din ma adopt na para maging happy na sila at new faces naman mai-post natin.

4. By askalfreak on Sep 14, 2006, 5:38:00 PM

Awww... he's so cute.

5. By siyerwin on Sep 15, 2006, 7:30:00 AM

liza, please don't say that. waah. i don't think he can wait till i get my own house. hehehe. i'd love it if someone took care of him.

carol, sana nga ma-adopt na si alfie. thanks for helping out by putting us in your friendster. that's actually a lot of help as i've seen referrals from friendster sites in my site statistics. i hope di ka magsawa. :) yep, tala was adopted! saya saya nga eh. we do miss her, along with the other animals that get adopted, pero syempre mas masaya kami for them.

askalfreak, yes he's cute and quite sweet. don't you take cats in? :)

6. By mishap on Sep 16, 2006, 1:09:00 PM

wow! beautiful pictures! i'm loving alfie already :) kaya lang, i have my molly, and she's a very feisty cat. she was adopted straight from the streets when she was still a kitten, and now she's about 4 years old. hindi siya masungit sa ibang cats (actually maraming nakiki-agaw ng food niya from neighboring cats! we have to shoo them away) but molly, for some reason, doesn't want to be touched. you have to wait for her to be the one to rub up to you (usually around mealtime). otherwise, she'll just try to shoo your hand away. i don't know how she'll do with a newly-introduced cat like alfie, or how alfie would do with her.

7. By fortuitous faery on Sep 17, 2006, 6:32:00 AM

he's such a darling cat!

8. By askalfreak on Sep 18, 2006, 1:36:00 PM

sherwin,

for some reason, i don't do well with cats considering that my very first fur-friend was a cat i named Minyang.

everytime i rescue one, he/she either dies or leaves our house.

as much as possible, i don't hold or even touch a sick cat i see in the streets. if i do, they die. i would ask my nephew to pick them up for me.

i have a curse!!!!

9. By Strange Twisted Girl on Sep 18, 2006, 8:55:00 PM

i hope alfie will be able to have a home soon. :)

10. By grace on Sep 18, 2006, 11:50:00 PM

kuwento naman paano at sino nag-adopt kay tala :)

11. By siyerwin on Sep 19, 2006, 9:19:00 AM

mishap,i bet they'll get along just fine. cats do have ways to work things out their way and we humans need not intervene a lot. please do email me if ever you decide on adopting. if not alfie, there are platoons more of homeless cats at PARC that i'm sure would love to be with you and your feisty cat. :)

faery, he indeed is!!!

marlet, think of it this way: cats in the shelters don't always make it either; especially the unweaned kittens. if i tell you the numbers i'm sure you'll get heart-broken and would probably think shelters are cursed as well. cats get sick because they don't have anyone to take care of them. it may be that the cats you rescue are already sick to begin with. but i'm sure they're exponentially happier dying in homes like yours than living sick in the streets, calling to heedless passersby, hungry and wet. :( adopt alfie and break that imaginary curse. :)

strange twisted girl, i hope so, too!

grace, i really don't know the details of tala's adoption. some guy just walked into parc one day and took her home! i'm sure she's doing very well now! will tell more as i learn more! :)

thanks for all the comments. i love reading them!!!

-sherwin

12. By aN|maTedG|rl on Sep 19, 2006, 8:34:00 PM

iuwi mo na daw si Alfie, sabi ng mga mata nya... most likely, di na magrereklamo mga tao sa tinitirahan mo nyan... =)

13. By Carol Reyes on Sep 21, 2006, 7:25:00 PM

Yeah, kwento mo naman kung sino nag adopt kay Tala. Very interested ako to know that story. I can't wait to see all our homeless animals na ma adopt na.

I like alfie, he's so cuteeeee!!! kaya lang problem ko, hindi animal-friendly ang apartment namin. (waaah!!!)

Anyways, still naka post parin sa friendster ko yung adoption campaign. Hehehe.. ang cute ni nicole dun! heheeheh.... check nyo po

14. By haze on Sep 21, 2006, 11:44:00 PM

=(

Alfie was the one I liked way back when I still looking at photos on the PAWS office board (I think).

Unfortunately, it seems I won't be able to adopt a new furbaby right now, or while my family's still here. I don't even have time to be an active volunteer. =(

I have been spreading the news, though. It's the only thing I can do right now. I hope these animals find well-meaning homes.

15. By siyerwin on Sep 22, 2006, 1:09:00 PM

carol, thanks po. will go visit your friendster when i'm using my home internet connection. friendster is walled out of our office connection.

hazel! i'd give alfie to you in a heartbeat if you ask for him! thanks for helping spread the word. hope to see you around.

16. By Anonymous on Sep 22, 2006, 8:12:00 PM

Hi Sherwin! This is a wonderful blog. I've taken in stray cats as pets for the past 20 years. It's amazing how a good home with lots of food and affection can turn them into the most loving, loyal and beautiful pets. They really bring us so much happiness. Of course, they all have their different personality quirks - but we all love them just the same. When my two housecats eventually pass on, we intend to give some of the PARC cats a home. I hope there are other people out there who feel the same. More power to you and PAWS! - Lou

17. By siyerwin on Sep 26, 2006, 8:17:00 AM

thanks, Lou. i'm really glad you found the site. there are over a hundred homeless animals being sheltered at PARC right now. but i believe there are more people like you out there and all we need is to find them.

do drop by PARC in your free time to meet its beautiful residents. who knows? you might even find one that may complement the two you've taken in.

again, thanks.

18. By grace on Oct 20, 2006, 1:44:00 PM

hi lou :) please join our egroup for filipino cat lovers. just send a blank email to catslair-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

hope you don't mind sherwin :)

19. By ice on Nov 9, 2006, 12:24:00 AM

i hope alfie will wait for me

20. By ice on Nov 13, 2006, 10:35:00 AM

hello, i have adopted alfie already. thanks to a lot of good people for making that possible. to have updates about alfie, you can visit my multiply site. http://sweetymiel.multiply.com :) i have posted entries on my blog about alfie. i have a photo album for him there also.

21. By Anonymous on Feb 7, 2007, 6:00:00 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.