One-eyed Angel

Posted by siyerwin on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 10:46 PM

One of the wonder cats of PARC, Angel walks around with the feline gait and confidence that usually earns her the admiration of those that she meet. She's only got one eye but it doesn't bother her one tiny bit. I asked Angel about it one time we were hanging out at PARC and her reply was surprising wisdom beyond her years.

"Why do I need stereoscopic eyes to estimate distances?", Angel retorted as she intermittently licked a paw the way a child licks on a lollipop. "If I see you, any friend, a playmate, or cat food, with my one good eye, I'll come near anyway! I don't need two eyes to know who's close to me...", her one-eyed gaze seemed to take her to some imaginary place where playmates abound and cat food are plenty. "I mean, PARC is very nice and all and I like hanging out with 1-2-3, Zorro and Alfie, and the dogs, and the occassional volunteers, but it would be great if, you know, someone would just...", Angel trailed off and fell silent.

But I understood.

Indeed Angel, like all cats, was not meant to be homeless. And neither was she meant to be walking around with a void in one of her eye sockets and, most of all, her heart. Restore the latter by taking her home and showing her that she really doesn't need two eyes to be loved and cared for.

Facts we know about Angel:
1. She was abandoned and rescued by a fellow advocate.
2. She's around 1.5 years old.
3. Infection damaged her right eye beyond healing so they had it surgically removed.
4. She'll be perfect for any cat-lover who's taken care of cats before.

Please call (02) 475-1688 and adopt Angel. Learn more about the adoption process here. If you know a kind soul who might be able to take Angel in, please forward this post to him/her by clicking here or that envelope thingie at the end of this post, right beside the commenting links.

A hundred cat licks to everyone! Thank you very much!

1. 15 comments: Responses to “ One-eyed Angel ”

2. By Anonymous on Jul 17, 2006, 2:27:00 AM

hi! angel is a male cat? If he is, one thing you can add to your blog about him that makes him even moe special is that it is extremely RARE to find a male calico (tri-colored cat with patches of white and color)because the majority are all female. The calico color or the tortoiseshell(almost like a calico except they have swirls or blended colors of black, red amd white) is a genetically determined color because they are all almost always FEMALE. So if angel is a male, he is even more unique and a rarity in itself already. :-)

- Charms Espina <3
    charmzzz09@yahoo.com

3. By siyerwin on Jul 17, 2006, 9:42:00 AM

hi, charms! angel is female! hihihi. sorry about that. i've made changes to the write-up. thanks for this wonderful piece of information though! take care and see you around!

um, wanna adopt angel anyway? :)

4. By cherry on Jul 17, 2006, 9:07:00 PM

oh! it was angel who greeted us during the orientation. she's super duper affectionate! she deserves a great Human. i hope someone takes her home soon. :)

5. By siyerwin on Jul 17, 2006, 11:20:00 PM

yes, she is!!! follows after jeff, the office cat, actually, in terms of being sociable. i do hope someone takes her in soon. if you know someone, please do tell him/her about angel. thanks, cherry, and see you around! :)

6. By jeanneb on Jul 18, 2006, 7:59:00 PM

hi! i also have a cat that i named bump, she have a tumor in her belly and just like angel it doesn't bother her at all. when my friends see her they pity her, they shouldn't... bump is very playful and always begging for food, and i know angel is just like her. how i wish someone will adopt her no matter what... we shouldn't pity them, we should be inspired by these animals....

7. By Caroline Reyes on Jul 19, 2006, 1:34:00 PM

Aw... she's sooooo cute... I really really love cats... Sherwin, i just want to follow-up about our friend Johan (Jonathan) sabi nya kasi the last time he will visit PARC on August to adopt a dog? Thanks... Haven't check kasi my fiancee's email. Thanks.

Caroline

8. By siyerwin on Jul 20, 2006, 1:10:00 PM

jeanneb, cats are really amazing creatures! and angel's very inspiring indeed. i really like that cat and i really wish that you adopt her... ;)

caroline, is your friend johan or jonah? i've had correspondence with a jonah and yes he did say he'll be dropping by on august. :) thanks ha. how about you when are you dropping by? :)

9. By haze on Jul 21, 2006, 5:25:00 PM

I'm in a little hot water with my dad right now, cos my other cat took a dump in my brother's closet, so I might get an earful when he sees me bring home another cat, but I will still try. Hehehehe...

10. By Nicah on Jul 22, 2006, 9:59:00 AM

hi kuya sherwin!!!

wow naman... I hope I could pass by PARC on time so I could see her! Oh, and by the way, I lost. :( But that's fine. I'll still see what I can do. :)

11. By grace on Jul 22, 2006, 11:37:00 PM

i hope sherwin doesn't mind...i'd like to invite jeanneb, caroline and all the other cat lovers here to join our egroup, catslair. just send a blank email to catslair-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. i have lots of cat concerns and stories i'd like to share, and hope you do too!

12. By siyerwin on Jul 23, 2006, 5:45:00 PM

hazel, hehe sige just tell me how it goes! i could recommend a couple more really amazing cats just in case angel and you don't work out. :) there's this sweet sweet kitten who's only got three legs that i'm sure will melt a lot of hearts out there. will post her story soon pero you can check her out anytime at parc. she's really an inspiring little fella!!

nicah, angel would love to meet you! it's ok if you didn't win. you're still the best 12 year old animal welfare advocate i know! keep us posted ok? see you around.

grace, i don't mind! i love catslair!!! ingat and keep in touch!!!

13. By Anonymous on Sep 14, 2006, 3:41:00 AM

hi sherwin, its me charms again. Sorry i haven't replied sooner... I have been so busy at work and also just recovered from an operation. Things have been so hectic, i haven't been up to volunteer at the shelter in almost two months :( Something i'm hoping to change soon. I would adopt angel and the three legged cat w fatima and so many more but i already have so many cats at home. You see, i also have my own search and rescue operation at home and attempt to rehome them as well. I have 17 cats with me to date... I wish i could adopt all the kitties that need all the love in the world, but sadly, my capacity is limited. :( I really admire what you started here though, more power to you and i hope to meet you someday and thank you in person for the wonderful job you are doing for PAWS. NO problem about the calico tidbit, i am glad to be of service. =)

14. By siyerwin on Sep 15, 2006, 9:20:00 AM

charms! WOW 17 cats!!! my work here is nothing to what you are doing! where do you house them? i'd love to meet your babies! :) have pics? :) i'm wondering why you haven't been featured in animal scene yet... ;)

15. By Anonymous on Sep 16, 2006, 6:36:00 PM

Hi sherwin! funny you should mention that, alot of people have asked me that same question. :) I don't know really... maybe its because i don't really know anyone affiliated with animal scene, thus they don't know i exist.:) I would be honored if i and my babies were featured to inspire people to do the same if given the chance and i have been meaning to find out how i can work for them, maybe even as a contributing writer lang for features or something. All my furballs live with me in my house and 98% are all rescued strays. My cats have the run of the place until i find them a decent home which sometimes take years because i am very picky of their prospective adoptors and protective of them.:) I have a RRN/SR mission = Rescue, Raise, Neuter/Spay and Rehome. :) If only i didn't have so many cats now,i would have adopted so many paws babies by now because so many have caught my eye. :)Yes i have pics of them. :)Hope to meet you someday! Again, this site is a god send!:)

16. By Anonymous on Feb 1, 2009, 10:54:00 PM

i have a female dog with only one eye ,i call her one eyed angel too!
    also i called my band after her :)
    you are so welcome to our myspace
    www.myspace.com/oneeyedangel