Hanny's Eyes

Posted by siyerwin on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Hanny has one of those stares that rend the heart to pieces. Although all the dogs taking refuge at PARC do have that questioning, pleading look in their eyes, Hanny's eyes stand out particularly.

Here's his story: Hanny was brought to PARC by his guardians/owners. They left him there but they promised that they'd come back for him after "a few minutes". They even left their car at the parking lot to assure the staff that they did intend to come back. They never did, of course, and they were able to sneak the car off of the parking lot without anybody noticing.

I think Hanny's still waiting for them to come back.

Please give Hanny the chance to feel the love inside a home again. Let's not keep him waiting in a shelter forever. There have been a few who wanted her but they all got turned off when they learned that he's more than six years old, probably seven. I find that a bit puzzling. Hanny's got one of the nicest personality and I'm quite sure he'll reward his "adoptive parents" six years worth of pent-up love and friendship that will outlast his years.

Adopt Hanny by calling (02)475-1688 or click here to know more about the adoption process.

Please forward this post to anyone who's looking for a great animal companion. Heck, forward to everyone! Use the images as you see fit. I can send you more if you need more. Just drop me a line at find.home @ yahoo.co.uk. Click here for a flickr-hosted image.

Salamat po.

Something's missing in this dog's life.

1. 31 comments: Responses to “ Hanny's Eyes ”

2. By Caroline Reyes on Jul 3, 2006, 2:51:00 PM

Hi! I am a whatsuppaws member. I always wanted to be a volunteer but unfortunately, hindi ako maka takas sa office. Kaya, I just emailed this site to my friends to spread the news about our animal friends who needs a loving and caring home. I hope maka help ako thru this. Thanks!

Caroline Reyes

3. By liza on Jul 3, 2006, 3:37:00 PM

sana makatikim naman si hanny ng home & family, matanda na sya :(

was so sad about cleo - the 9yr old shelter cat who grew old & died na sa shelter last december. he was so sweet & mellow. it broke my heart na hindi man lang sya nakatikim ng home or family.

kaya i swore, the next pet i adopt from parc would be one of the older ones or the long-staying ones. everyone kasi wants the puppies & kittens, ignored ang mga oldies

4. By askalfreak on Jul 3, 2006, 7:19:00 PM

if i will follow my heart, i must've adopted a hundred dogs and cats now. i simply cannot understand how could those people just leave such a wonderful dog who i believe loves them so dearly in spite of. i am angry but there's no use getting angry. i just pray that someone who has a big heart will adopt Hanny soon. it just breaks my heart to think that the beautiful dog might still be waiting for the people who left him there.

5. By Gigi on Jul 4, 2006, 12:00:00 AM

waah! Hanny's story made me cry! Poor Hanny! Stupid owners! =(

6. By siyerwin on Jul 4, 2006, 10:34:00 PM

caroline, thanks a lot for telling your friends about the site. i hope you don't get tired of doing that. there are more unfortunate animals that need homes. will tell people all about them one by one. i'm hoping someone with a kind heart, maybe one of your friends, heeds our call.

liza, i will simply say what i usually say when i learn of such stories: ouch.

askalfreak, i'm sure there's someone out there. we just need to find a way to reach him/her...

gigi, i know what you mean. those people are just heartless. but i'm keeping my hopes up for hanny.

7. By andrea on Jul 5, 2006, 6:33:00 PM

hi, i'm andrea. i still have a cat at home and we have a one-pet-at-a-time rule at home. so as much as i want to adopt a kitten (or pick up a stray!), i still can't. that, and i'm too busy to care for another pet or do volunteer work.

anyway, the most i could do for now is to link this site on my blog, themorningafter.motime.com. i hope that i could somehow help paws through that simple link.

more power to you, guys! :)

8. By Caroline Reyes on Jul 6, 2006, 4:42:00 PM

Hi Siyerwin, Thanks... Here's a good news. Since my fiancee and I, forwarded this ad sa emails ng friends namin, we're happy na one of his friend, Jonathan replied and he will visit PARC maybe by next month. He told us that he wants to adopt a dog. And we're happy na may isang dog na makakahanap na ng loving family. Then one time, while i was eating in our office canteen.. Our canteen manager just told me that his dog died and they wanted to buy a pup as a replacement. I told him na instead of buying a pup in a pet store, why hindi niya i consider mag "adopt". I gave him your contact number and hopefully, he'll adopt one. I'm so so happy, sherwin. I love pets so much. Ako, i also want to adopt sana but our apartment don't allow pets (kainis!). Of course, hindi kami mapapagod helping our feline and canine friends. Lalo na if you see them rubbing they fur sa legs mo or just simply wagging their tails... Kaka tanggal ng stress.

9. By siyerwin on Jul 7, 2006, 12:55:00 PM

andrea! thanks for the link. that's actually a big help to help the blog's objective; and that is to reach more people that we can not by conventional means. i've linked your blog as well and called the link "stress kitten". ;)

caroline, thanks for all the help. is your friend, by any chance, the same guy from laguna who contacted me? you're right, animals are great stress-busters and they give it to you as a gift always without asking for something in return. ;)

please keep spreading the word. see you around.

10. By Nikachu on Jul 8, 2006, 9:43:00 AM

what kind of cruel person would do that?!?!?!!??!! that's just HORRIBLE! Gosh. Don't worry... I'm hear for PARC... as always. :)

ang labo ko. :))

Nikachu

11. By Anonymous on Sep 18, 2006, 1:54:00 PM

Hi there Sherwin, I am also a dog lover and I am planning to adopt Hanny, and to be a PAWS volunteer as well, as of now, we already have 3 dogs, 2 japanese spitz, and a local dog cross poodle who looks like a pitbull, but my dogs are chained because I am living with my lola as of the moment, but as soon as I transfered to our new house the dogs will be unchained, I will visit the shelter maybe on the first week of october, and i hope that I can bond with Hanny so that she will be familiar with me...

12. By siyerwin on Sep 19, 2006, 9:27:00 AM

anonymous, i can't wait to hear from you. i'm sure you and hanny will get along just fine! my heart's been aching to find hanny a home. he's waited long enough. please do get in touch through my email: find.home @ yahoo.co.uk

thanks for considering adopting. i do hope everything works out.

-sherwin

13. By askalfreak on Sep 20, 2006, 1:38:00 PM

What's the news on Hanny? Has she been adopted already?
    Thanks.

14. By rica on Sep 22, 2006, 1:18:00 AM

Hi! I'm a 100% dog (and cat) lover and Hanny's story really made me cry. I hope someone with the kindest of heart would come and adopt him soon.

By the way, I posted your entry about Hanny (including the pictures) in my Multiply site. Of course, I've indicated that I have just ready the entry from your blog (I made a link). Just letting you know. =)

Click on my link to view my site na lang. Thanks!

15. By siyerwin on Sep 22, 2006, 1:19:00 PM

rica! thanks for the link! greatly appreciated! i too hope hanny finds a home. and soon! i think he's one of the loneliest of the parc residents. so do keep on telling your friends about him. thanks.

a hundred dog licks to you! ;-)

-sherwin

16. By Anonymous on Oct 12, 2006, 10:14:00 PM

did someone adopt hanny already? sad talaga story nya...

17. By dette on Nov 4, 2006, 2:59:00 PM

hi sherwin!
    any updates on 'hanny'?
    awww! sana ma-adopt na sha... i will adopt her/him pagwala pang kumukuha sa kanya by the time matapos ung house namen sa cavite. our house right now wont hold a lot of dogs...
    sana sana sana magkaHOME na sha :)
    TC
    (detteringor.multiply.com)

18. By Anonymous on Nov 4, 2006, 2:59:00 PM

hi sherwin!
    any updates on 'hanny'?
    sana sana sana magkaHOME na sha :)
    TC
    (detteringor.multiply.com)

19. By siyerwin on Nov 6, 2006, 1:03:00 PM

dette, someone has expressed intent in adopting hanny. she's currently processing the documents and permits needed to transport hanny to the province. if all goes well, hanny will be home this november!!! please send me your email address so i can inform you in the event that the adoption fails to push through. you may email me at find.home @ yahoo.co.uk

thanks, dette, and please keep in touch.

20. By dette on Nov 15, 2006, 1:18:00 PM

thanks sherwin. please do let me know ;) beydong@yahoo.com
    thanks!tc

21. By dette on Nov 15, 2006, 1:18:00 PM

thanks sherwin. please do let me know ;) beydong@yahoo.com
    thanks!tc

22. By rosalie mendoza on Nov 25, 2006, 9:39:00 AM

meron na ba nag adopt kay hanny?cute cia!! i have 5 dogs but i still want to add another one. i' ll visit parc one of diz days to see the dogs and cats there.

23. By siyerwin on Nov 29, 2006, 7:32:00 AM

rosalie, yes someone's adopting hanny na. she lives in the province and is now having the transport permits processed. can you give me your email? will gladly update you in case, by some sad chance (which i'm praying against), the adoption does not push through. thanks!!!

there are others in the shelter that need homes, too!!! would you give them a visit one of these days???

24. By dette on Dec 26, 2006, 1:43:00 PM

i just learned she was adopted na nung November. Yey for her :)

25. By Anonymous on Mar 19, 2007, 11:01:00 AM

omg ill adopt the poor pup
    how do i do that someone please tell me email me candian_babe2662@hotmail.com

26. By siyerwin on Mar 19, 2007, 1:21:00 PM

Hi!

Thank you for your interest in adopting Hanny. I'm happy to announce though that he's already been adopted! Hopefully I will be able to update the blog to reflect that in the very near future!

Again, thanks for dropping by.

27. By Anonymous on Apr 23, 2007, 9:31:00 PM

Hello to everybody! I'm Rachel Catral. I just want everybody 2 know na sobra akong nalulungkot sa nangyayari sa mga dogs [and other innocent animals] around the world. I'm still studying as of the moment & mahigpit ang father ko. I bought a new puppy last September and nagalit ang dad ko just for that reason. i want 2 adopt a dog & give it a happy life..i promise myself that i'd do that when i get to live on my own [hopefully when i graduate next year]. i'll always pray for the animals and institutions like yours. God bless everyone of His creation. You may reach me through rmc_honeylove@yahoo.com.

28. By Anonymous on Apr 25, 2007, 3:20:00 PM

hi, meron na bang nag adopt k mario?

29. By siyerwin on Apr 27, 2007, 11:13:00 PM

Hello, Rachel.

Thanks very much for visiting the site and for your intention to adopt. Goodluck to you and hope to see you around. God bless you, too.

hello, anonymous poster.

no mario hasn't been adopted yet.

30. By ishe on Dec 28, 2007, 2:27:00 PM

wawa naman c hanny naiyak ako dun ha...dont worry hanny your happy time will come just hang on...syang an cute pa naman ni hanny haiz cra yung owner nya hmmp!

31. By siyerwin on Dec 28, 2007, 2:39:00 PM

hello, ishe! fortunately, hanny's already been adopted! he's now somewhere in a farm in davao living the life all dogs should live!!! :)

there are a lot of dogs still at the shelter though. Jasmine, the longest-staying dog at the shelter, desperately needs our help to find her forever home.

Tell your friends about her, ok? :)

Thanks and Happy new year!!

32. By jan-na~♥~ on May 21, 2008, 3:40:00 AM

i am so happy to know that hanny has been adopted. bless their heart. i was crying while reading the comments and now i feel happier. if i could only adopt just even one of these pets. but i live alone and the apartment landlords won't allow it. :(