Thank you for your interest in adopting. By simply reading this website, you are already showing the animals of PAWS that you care. The animals of PAWS are internet savvy and are monitoring this website's traffic constantly. Tails are twitching and wagging with joy right at this moment.
If you really are serious about adopting a homeless animal from PAWS, here are what you need to do:
1. Download the PAWS Adoption Form and fill it up. Once filled up, you can fax it to (02)4751688. You can also bring the filled up form personally to the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC). A map of PARC's location can be found here. If you need more information on how to get there, just email me (sherwin [at] mefindhome.org) and I'll be glad to help. I live just a hundred steps from PARC and I may be able to give very very very good instructions.
2. Schedule an actual trip to PARC for the adoption interview by calling (02)4751688. This may coincide with step 1 and/or step 3. The interview will simply tell us how you are as an animal owner/guardian and what type of animal companion would fit you and your home.
3. Schedule an actual trip to PARC to meet an adoptable homeless animal. Choose the cat or the dog, kitten or puppy, that would complement you and your home. With a little patience and a lot of fun, I'm 100% sure you will find one!
4. Pay the adoption fee. That's Php300 for cats and Php1,000 for dogs. Before being adopted out, the animals of PAWS are neutered/spayed, vaccinated against rabies, groomed and dewormed, and provided with some sample pet food from Pedigree. After being adopted out, the animals may be brought back to the shelter to get free basic obedience training and avail of free veterinary consultations and discounts on PARC clinic services (all by appointment). The fee would simply go into ensuring that the adoption and animal rehabilitation programs of PAWS keep rolling like a happy puppy playing in the green pasture on a saturday afternoon!
5. Take your new companion home and go online to join the official PAWS yahoogroup and occasionally tell us what's up. We'd love to hear how you are doing with your new animal companion. Share pictures!
That's it! I do hope everything works out. If you have more questions, visit PAWS' Adoption Page here, or kindly call PARC at (02)4827695, or email me: sherwin [at] mefindhome.org
The pup shown above is Nicole, still waiting for someone who would adopt her. Another image of Nicole is shown here or here.
The kitten is yet another nameless one, sick and miserable. There are a lot more heart-breaking scenes like these at PARC. Please help alleviate the pain by adopting.